The new season is upon us - This is a general call
to all trail captains (and those who wish to add a helping hand...
that time of year, for those trail captains thank you in advance for
taking the time to mark your sections, if you encounter any issues you
need help with let me know. I do have posts, reflectors and signs in my
barn if needed. We have been out thru out the summer fixing a couple
issues with bridges that we lost during the spring rain.
The following is a list of projects
and or inspections that need to be done, if one of the inspections are
on your section of trail PLEASE take the time to evaluate the condition
and let me know if work is needed and or all is ok so I can mark it off
the list of things to do . the following list is not in any order of
importance as they all are.
Some updates and follow up as of
9-27-15 - appear in BOLD
- Smittyís bridge on S18C we lost this in the spring
storm, it has been repaired .
- Yoderís sluice pipe ( across from Breeze wood golf ) on 1D
.it has been repaired.
- Mayes/Maloy bridge we lost this completely in the
spring rain storm this is in the process of being reset , work
in progress with the Ellery Snow cruisers , we will need the
bridge crew upon resetting the iron , more to follow when ready
to deck it.
- Deveraux bridge , Brian called we do have some erosion on
the bank, Shawn Hough looked at this and states will be ok
unless we were to get another MAJOR storm we will keep an eye on
- Knight rd. Bridge ( almost a disaster ) the bridge has been
reset and cabled to 2 different trees to hopefully not have an
issue again. It has been repaired. Some minor dozer work and 1
sluice pipe needs to covered .
RD BRIDGE this is scheduled to be finished up Sunday
- 28th creek rd. and Harris Hill , sluice pipe need recovered
this iswork in progress , Kevin and I were on site Sunday 9-13 ,
this should be completed within the next two weeks depending on
- ATT line between Lindís and Tenpas sluice pipe need to be
covered , Kevin and I are on this.
LINE yes it is a mess summer 4 wheeler activity has torn it
up and pipes do need recovered , this is on Kevinís
- Nort Tarr area between Gerry Ellington and 28th creek ,
evaluate bridge and culvert. Mentioned last year by trail
captain bridge needed repair and culvert possibly recovered.
- Mattison culvert evaluate.
MATTISON CULVERT I spoke Jim Mattison and YES it does need
to be recovered as about Ĺ of it has wash out, Jim is cking
on the status of bow hunters and will let us know . more to
- Rodeo grounds bridge evaluate, we know this bridge is not
passable for the groomer if time and $ avail this is on top of
GRONDS needs to be inspected. HERBIE ??
- Swanson rd. bridge at Tenpas , this bridge does need to be
repaired it is also on top of the list.
SWANSON RD BRIDGE needs to be inspected CHARLIE/DON ??
(** SEE NOTE BELOW ** )
- Christmas tree farm bridge this need to be inspected
to be sure no damage from spring storm.
CHRISTMAS TREE FARM BRIDGE needs to be inspected , Don
Robbins is taking over as the trail captain for this are and
he is on this
- S17 bridge needs to be inspected.
BRIDGE needs inspected Dave Robbins is on this
- Dan Steward bridge needs to be inspected.
STEWARD BRIDGE Dan Steward please get to this and let me
- Cowen bridge I stopped 9-14 this is in good shape.
- New potential project **
ATT LINE COCKAIGNE ** we finally have the approval from JACK
Vanscoter to turn this in to a trail, this will by-pass the
TENPAS HILL that we cannot groom, if hunters/ weather/ equipment
operator time permits this MAY happen this year and if so the
#11 SWANSON RD BRIDGE will be relocated . we are awaiting the
names of the hunters who have leased the property. Dave Crossley
is on this